Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Creator Theme: Space! - posted on 8th Jul 2018 at 6:02 PM
Replies: 38 (Who?), Viewed: 5820 times.
Page 1 of 2
just a girl
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 10:53 PM Last edited by Lamare : 17th Feb 2018 at 6:09 PM.
Default Pets at University
Does it sound interesting? Have anybody done it already? Do you have suggestions? Wanna test?

This mod allows young adults and/or university residents:

+ Adopt pets from pet shelter
+ Give them up for adoption
+ Hire obedience trainer
+ Sell and give pets to playable young adults
+ Buy pets in shops from pet displays
+ Have wants and fears about pets

You will need additional mods to handle aging, moving out and jobs.

Related mods:
For pet aging on campus - Uni-aging mod. (If you have other mods that enable aging at university, they might work too.)
For moving out of college with pets - YA-move-out-of-college.
For pet jobs to be available on campus - jobs-in-uni mod.
I'm also working on extended version of move out mod, and one of its features is to allow teens take their pets with them to university. It's not finished yet.

Requirements and warnings:
You need Pets and University.
I only tested on UC, but it would probably work for lower configs as well.
Test in a testing hood and/or back up your good hoods.
These are overrides. May conflict with other mods that override the same resources. Check with HCDU.
Choose only one version of the mod.

Conflicts:
HCDU might show possible conflict with Mog's Apartment Shopping and Pescado's No Auto Pet Buy, as far as pet displays are concerned. Both mods make changes to when and where to allow sims to buy pets. I've been asked to incorporate these changes in mine, and I did. So, you can use our mods together and have all the benefits, if you load my mod after those. Now, I uploaded 2 versions. Both versions will allow apartment shopping, but only one of them (+noautopetbuy) will stop uncontrolled playables from buying pets.

Download links:
pets at university | OR | pets at university + noautopetbuy
Delete old pets-uni-n-vacation-AL/BV and/or pets-at-university-AL/BV file from your downloads before adding new version.

Vacation mod moved to its own thread

How my testing went.
Young adult lived in a dorm with a cat and two dogs. The cat was sold to this sim by another playable student from fraternity. And the fraternity guy adopted it by the phone. The dogs were adopted in dorm and trained by obedience trainer. With a little help from Simblender, one dog got old and became an elder one day at 11 o'clock. With more Simblender help, the dog died the next day. New dog was adopted and given back away. It was sim+cat+dog now.
My sim bought her own vacation home. First, she took the dog to Far East and left the cat with a nanny. They stayed in their private residence, went on community lots, and the dog was the one commenting on how the vacation have been worth every penny =) Then I made the dog really hungry (deliberate testing situation) and the police took it away. That didn't seem to cause any trouble back at the dorm. The sim returned in one piece, the dog was away, the cat was in place.
Next time my sim traveled with her cat. While on vacation, cat got a job (papers are delivered to vacation houses). All went well and the party returned home safely. The cat received job performance bonus and it actually worked. Not all vacation bonuses are usefull for pets (like they have no want slots), but we shall see if they're at least harmless.
Another dorm family of a couple, a baby, an elder and a dog moved out of college by dropping out. Back in main hood they took their dog and a neighbor on vacation, leaving the elder with the baby at home. They stayed at a hotel. Hotels are not pet-friendly in terms of food bowls and toys, but that's ok, we can build new ones. Pet objects are available in buy mode catalog. At the end of the trip, no vacation benefits were offered. I guess, they thought they hadn't the greatest time.

Let me know what you think
Advertisement
just a girl
Original Poster
#2 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 3:00 PM
Anyone tried it yet? Any issues?

I noticed vacation benefits do not decay for pets, so I'll probably prevent them from being added at all. Fixing decaying is also an option, but I'll probably go with preventing.

In the meantime I've attempted to allow kittens, puppies, toddlers and babies on vacation. But failed. Traveling between lots is not meant for rugrats and I haven't figured out how to make them arrive safely yet. I've heard there is some mod allowing toddlers to leave lot, so maybe I'll try to load it in conjunction with mine and see if it would make going on vacation work for toddlers, at least.

Will post updated files as soon as I test toddlers.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 4:29 PM
I've been having computer weirdness going on for awhile now, but I may be back in a place where I can usefully test such things, so I'll add it to my game and see if I can test pets-at-university. My sims miss their pets at University! They roll wants for them all the time.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#4 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 4:32 PM
What a good idea !! However I won't have time to test before Christmas ...

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
just a girl
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 8:25 PM Last edited by Lamare : 22nd Jan 2018 at 5:36 PM.
Thank you. I don't intend to hurry, so the mods will probably sit here for a while.

Haven't succeeded in travelling with the little ones yet, so no babies, toddlers, puppies and kittens are allowed to go on vacation.
So the only things that have changed from prev.versions are: 1. pets don't receive vacation benefits, even though you have to pick them, the actual tokens are not added; 2. separated and renamed files for those who might want only university or only vacation part.
Instructor
#6 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 7:37 PM
Just noticed this thread. Awesome idea; I think it would be great to be able to take your pets and toddlers on vacation and have pets at Uni. I use a mod called "puppies and toddlers ride" that allows you take travel by car with your toddlers to community lots. I have to alternate between that mod and BO's sellable cars because the two mod's won't work together. I've often used inge's teleporter cat (Sim Blender works too) to have toddlers on owned vacation lots so they can vacation with the family. I'm not able to test now, but I will at some point.
just a girl
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 12:47 PM
Note that only grown pets are added in this version. No toddlers or puppies or kittens yet. It takes more than I thought to make travelling work for them. I'll try though.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 5:14 AM
I just saw this thread too! Im going to give it a try when I get home =)
will update you soon, my highchair accessibility hero! ((yes I've admired you from afar, but here we are)
Instructor
#9 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 7:58 PM
I put in Pets at University for AL ... decided to give the Greek House a dog for their mascot. I don't have any pet shops in my neighborhood so all of my Sims pets were purchased online using Monique's computer. The option for me to purchase a pet wasn't available on the computer since Monique's computer is not set up for pet purchasing in Uni. So I used the phone to adopt ... didn't really want to go this route because I really wanted a bull dog. My game generated a small pug nosed dog (I think it's a pug ... not sure ... it's a miniature something). We named him Sir Charles Barkley, and after changing his coat color, and buying him a cute brown plaid bow tie doggy collar (4t2 conversion by DeeDee) he now looks quite dashing. So far so good; he is aging appropriately and the 2 guys that live in the Greek House take turns walking and training Sir Charles. He's very aggressive as most small dogs are, but they are working on his social skills and he's a fast learner.
just a girl
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 6:58 PM
Pet shops. Right. I forgot all about them. You helped me once again, LilSister
Next time I post an update, pet displays should allow young adults to buy pets (which they don't now).

And kanzen, thank you. I'm glad you liked the highchair mod.
just a girl
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 8:16 AM Last edited by Lamare : 22nd Jan 2018 at 5:36 PM.
Updated pets at university with pet displays. Young adults will be able to buy pets in shops. Briefly tested in game.

Plenty of time to make it for pets theme
Instructor
#12 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 9:23 PM
Can you take a look at Mogs Apartment Shopping Mod (http://modthesims.info/d/352602) and the updated pets at Uni for AL. HCDU shows a possible conflict w/the buy test. It may be nothing, but I'm not able to test the updated version as I haven't built a pet shop yet.
just a girl
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 11:34 PM
Thank you for pointing it out, LilSister. Pets at university indeed conflicts with Mog's Apartment Shopping and Pescado's No Auto Pet Buy, as far as pet displays are concerned. Both mods make changes to when and where to allow sims to buy pets. I could make a version(s) that will include those changes. Any preferences?
Mad Poster
#14 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 1:52 PM
I would love a version of Pets At University AL which incorporates the stuff from MogHughson's Apartment Shopping mod :-) I don't use Pescado's mod.
Instructor
#15 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 6:57 PM Last edited by LilSister : 8th Jan 2018 at 12:04 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamare
Thank you for pointing it out, LilSister. Pets at university indeed conflicts with Mog's Apartment Shopping and Pescado's No Auto Pet Buy, as far as pet displays are concerned. Both mods make changes to when and where to allow sims to buy pets. I could make a version(s) that will include those changes. Any preferences?

Edit: When you say it conflicts, does it not work? I know that the HCDU shows it as a possible conflict, but it doesn't actually mean they won't work together. I have several mods that show possible conflicts with the "buy" test, but they each work fully.

I'd love it if it could include both, but if I had to choose I prefer it to be Mog's Apartment Shopping mod. I can always use the visitor controller to ban townies/playables to keep them from autonomously buying pets.
just a girl
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 10:07 AM
I meant they should not work. But I'll test now that you mentioned it. If they end up working fully, I'll have to rethink what I know about load order. Intriguing.

Do you use both Mog's and Pesccado's mods (or some others) and pet displays get combined effect from all of them?
Instructor
#17 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 3:52 PM Last edited by LilSister : 8th Jan 2018 at 6:50 PM.
I only use Mog's mod .. In the past I played a lot with a coffee shop, a grocery store and small boutique. I had another lot with a full service caf. However for those who use it to prevent their Sims from autonomously buying pets, I imagine they would like to be able to use your mod along side it if possible. I haven't used a pet shop to purchase a pet in my game in years thanks to Monique's computer. Now with the option available for Uni students I will have to consider building one for that purpose only. All Sims except the active household will be banned from the lot.
just a girl
Original Poster
#18 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 10:35 PM
Updated files in first post. Now it's 2 versions. Both versions will allow apartment shopping from pet displays, but only one of them (+noautopetbuy) will stop uncontrolled playables from buying pets. It should be Ok if you don't have apartments - the code tests for setup. If you don't want to play apartment pet shop, just don put cash register and pet display in common area of apartment (these are conditions under which to buy interaction is available on apartments).

Also, I was testing pets breeding on campus and I think something's not right. Female dog gave birth in a few hours after woo-hoo. Too soon. I am going to have to look into pet pregnancy controller.

If you guys have ideas what else I should test, post 'em here. Thanks.
Banned
DELETED POST
15th Feb 2018 at 5:00 AM
This message has been deleted by olc.
just a girl
Original Poster
#19 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 5:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olc
mmmm pets on university... thats not a good mix. but i like the idea.
might i suggest the same mod but for hotels? did mine but when i figured out sims 2 hates pets on hotels, almost delete my entire save. instead i posted the hotel since i asked for feedback here. anyways do you think that is possible?

Ok, since I don't know you, I'm going to assume that you mean it. (My first thought was that you're kidding.)
Yes, I think the mod is possible: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=607108
I also think hotels work well with pets even without mods: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=607136
Banned
DELETED POST
15th Feb 2018 at 6:06 AM Last edited by olc : 15th Feb 2018 at 6:36 AM.
Banned
DELETED POST
15th Feb 2018 at 6:35 AM
Instructor
#20 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 12:57 PM Last edited by LilSister : 15th Feb 2018 at 2:48 PM.
Pet pregnancy controllers are known to buggy to begin with. There are a couple of mods out that deal with deleting pet controllers after pet births because they sometimes don't disappear as they should. Since pets were never meant to give birth in a university neighborhood I'm not surprised that some tweaking needs to be done. It's been years since I had a pet birth in game ... that's another thing I need to consider doing in my current neighborhood.
just a girl
Original Poster
#21 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 1:58 PM
@olc, you shouldn't include mods with lots. Please remove it. No one wants a global mod sneaking in their game by surprise.
Banned
DELETED POST
15th Feb 2018 at 2:05 PM
just a girl
Original Poster
#22 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 2:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olc
i specified you need to download that mod. and its not included in the lot. if you download it without your mod the pets area is useless. try to read the download page BEFORE demanding stuff.

Sorry, if I misunderstood. I saw it on your page under "Custom content included" list. And you said here you will include it. So I got worried you actually did it.
Banned
DELETED POST
15th Feb 2018 at 2:21 PM
Instructor
#23 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 2:49 PM
I downloaded both of the updated mods and put them through the HCDU (separately of course) and both show a conflict as stated with Mogs shopping mod.

The thing is the version I downloaded in December no longer shows a conflict with Mog's Mod when put through the HCDU; I removed the no auto pet buy mod and moved Mogs mod out of her folder into a folder by itself … no more conflict. I’m to figure out what changed with your mod (without no auto buy pet).
just a girl
Original Poster
#24 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 2:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olc
did not add it. just demanded to be downloaded cause i hate that hotel. cause bon boyage hates pets going into hotels bvy default. now thanks to your mod that is possible. i never forced anyone to use it. i just want people that downloads that hotel to download that mod nothing else.

Ok, if you say so.

But if you tell me to read stuff, maybe you should follow your own advice and read it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilSister
I downloaded both of the updated mods and put them through the HCDU (separately of course) and both show a conflict as stated with Mogs shopping mod.

The thing is the version I downloaded in December no longer shows a conflict with Mog's Mod when put through the HCDU; I removed the no auto pet buy mod and moved Mogs mod out of her folder into a folder by itself … no more conflict. I’m to figure out what changed with your mod (without no auto buy pet).

Hm. Maybe that December version doesn't have a fix for ped displays yet? I added them after you reminded me about them.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#25 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 2:54 PM
@olc Perhaps you could change the wording on your lot download. When you say 'custom content included' it indicates that the mod is inside the download. You could word it 'Recommended CC' or suchlike to encourage people to download, as for example in this lot:
https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=313784
Banned
DELETED POST
15th Feb 2018 at 4:35 PM
Page 1 of 2