Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Replies: 59 (Who?), Viewed: 2931 times.
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 9:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How Do I Install Mods?
Hey, I was wondering how to install mods on TS3, I have all EPS, but not all SPS, how do I install mods?
Mad Poster
DELETED POST
26th Aug 2017 at 9:57 PM
This message has been deleted by GrijzePilion. Reason: Actually fuck this
Test Subject
DELETED POST
Original Poster
26th Aug 2017 at 9:59 PM
This message has been deleted by SuperGamer675. Reason: .
Mad Poster
DELETED POST
26th Aug 2017 at 10:03 PM
This message has been deleted by GrijzePilion. Reason: Actually fuck this
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:04 PM
Is there any tutorial on this website?
Forum Resident
#3 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:13 PM
Not sure what happened in here...but this >http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:TS3_CC_Basics
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:15 PM
I mean mods like NRAAS
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:18 PM
It's the same thing. It's literally the same thing. You set up a folder and put a text file in it, and you're good to go. It's as simple as that. It's not rocket science.

Overlord of Plumbit, the subreddit for the serious Simmer.
We're constructive, creative and drama-free™.

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:20 PM
Ok! Imma try it!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:22 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 26th Aug 2017 at 10:42 PM.
Now I know what happened lol.

Ok here goes. "Mods" is a blanket term used to describe player created content. This includes "CC", custom content. However, players tend to differentiate between the two, "mods" being the ones that alter gameplay, like the nraas, the ones you want to install and "cc" content that affects the appearances of sims like clothing, accessories, etc. Technically they are the same in that, if you use packages instead of sims3packs they get installed and loaded into the game the same way. Typically mods go into the "overrides" folder and packages (like clothes) into the "packages" folder which if you read the wiki, will be explained
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:25 PM
Sorry but not sorry but still a teeny tiny bit sorry for being rude.
Glad you figured it out quickly though.

Overlord of Plumbit, the subreddit for the serious Simmer.
We're constructive, creative and drama-free™.

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:25 PM
It does not work...I have the mods in the packages folder, the Resources cfg file...what do I do?
Test Subject
DELETED POST
Original Poster
26th Aug 2017 at 10:28 PM
This message has been deleted by SuperGamer675. Reason: .
Test Subject
DELETED POST
Original Poster
26th Aug 2017 at 10:38 PM
This message has been deleted by SuperGamer675. Reason: .
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretenshus
Now I know what happened lol.

Ok here goes. "Mods" is a blanket term used to describe player created content. This includes "CC", custom content. However, players tend to differentiate between the two, "mods" being the ones that alter gameplay, like the nraas, the ones you want to install and "cc" content that affects the appearances of sims like clothing, accessories, etc. Technically they are the same in that, if you use packages instead of sims3packs they get installed and loaded into the game the same way. Typically mods go into the "overrides" folder and packages (like clothes) into the "packages" folder which if you read the wiki, will be explained
Ok, I did that, but it still does not work!
Forum Resident
#11 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamer675
Do I make it?

You create the overrides folder. tbh it can be called whatever you like but "overrides" is best for organization. What the game really cares about is the resource.cfg its kind of like a target. As long as its in the folder that where the game is going to look for mods

this is in the wiki but basically:
"Mods" folder is INSIDE "Sims 3" folder.
Package & overrides folders are INSIDE "Mods folder" folder

inside your package and overrides folder you can organize your content to, I suggest, 1 folder in.

So for example
Sims 3 > Mods (RESOURCE.cfg should be in here)> Packages (& Overrides) > Hair (this is the "1 folder in") > (a bunch of hairs you downloaded)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretenshus
You create the overrides folder. tbh it can be called whatever you like but "overrides" is best for organization. What the game really cares about is the resource.cfg its kind of like a target. As long as its in the folder that where the game is going to look for mods

this is in the wiki but basically:
"Mods" folder is INSIDE "Sims 3" folder.
Package & overrides folders are INSIDE "Mods folder" folder

inside your package and overrides folder you can organize your content to, I suggest, 1 folder in.

So for example
Sims 3 > Mods (RESOURCE.cfg should be in here)> Packages (& Overrides) > Hair (this is the "1 folder in") > (a bunch of hairs you downloaded)
It doesn't work, not the packages file, NRAAS. I made the overrides folder, but the NRAAS command just wont pop up. I put the NRAAS file in overrides too.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamer675
It doesn't work, not the packages file, NRAAS. I made the overrides folder, but the NRAAS command just wont pop up. I put the NRAAS file in overrides too.


Ok, first are the folders "unzipped" as in are the mods you downloaded taken out of the compression/archive folder
or did you just download the mod and immediately move the download to your mods folder?

next explain to me how you are attempting to access the nraas prompt in game

then explain to me how you have your folders set up and where exactly the nraas mods are placed
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretenshus
Ok, first explain to me how you are attempting to access the nraas prompt in game

then explain to me how you have your folders set up and where exactly the nraas mods are placed
Overrides at the top, Packages in the middle, and Resource.cfg at the bottom. I only have the base NRAAS mode, Master Controller. And answer 2 on your first question. NRAAS is in overrides folder, alone.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamer675
Overrides at the top, Packages in the middle, and Resource.cfg at the bottom. I only have the base NRAAS mode, Master Controller. And answer 2 on your first question. NRAAS is in overrides folder, alone.


I revised my question
Are the folders "unzipped" as in are the mods you downloaded taken out of the compression/archive folder
or did you just download the mod and immediately move the download to your mods folder?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretenshus
I revised my question
Are the folders "unzipped" as in are the mods you downloaded taken out of the compression/archive folder
or did you just download the mod and immediately move the download to your mods folder?
Unzipped and put it into the overrides folder.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 11:13 PM
Ok well it sounds like everything should be working as far as placement. I'm not an expert on game updates or computer specs. My only question now is how exactly are you trying to get to the nraas prompt in game. It should be accessible from a computer or the town hall
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretenshus
Ok well it sounds like everything should be working as far as placement. I'm not an expert on game updates or computer specs. My only question now is how exactly are you trying to get to the nraas prompt in game. It should be accessible from a computer or the town hall
It is not there.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 11:26 PM
Did you delete the cache files after installing NRAAS? In your The Sims 3 folder you should delete the cache files named CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache and socialCache, whenever you change something in your mods folder.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 11:27 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 26th Aug 2017 at 11:37 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamer675
It is not there.


NVM
Mad Poster
#21 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 11:34 PM
The base module has full functionality. I know, because I use my NRaas mods WITHOUT any expansion modules. Clicking on a Sim, an object, a computer or City Hall should reveal the NRaas pie menu.

Overlord of Plumbit, the subreddit for the serious Simmer.
We're constructive, creative and drama-free™.

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Forum Resident
#22 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrijzePilion
The base module has full functionality. I know, because I use my NRaas mods WITHOUT any expansion modules. Clicking on a Sim, an object, a computer or City Hall should reveal the NRaas pie menu.


Aww welp nvm.

Well OP, I suggest reading the wiki here and the FAQ for whatever Nraas mod you download. There's likely a hiccup somewhere you may not be accounting for.
MakeNeedsStaticOn
staff: super moderator
#23 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 12:22 AM
Mad Poster
#24 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 12:37 AM
According to the rules for help on mod folders etc...

You are suppose to include certain screenshots so we can SEE what you are doing instead of all these guess works.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Theorist
#25 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 1:16 AM
At the risk of this thread turning into a dogpile...

1 - Get rid of your current Mods folder entirely.
2 - Download the Framework from here to some other location like your Desktop. Unzip it and place the resulting Mods folder into your TS3 game folder in Documents. It should look just like the illustrations provided, except for some differences around the edges due to different operating systems (Win 7 is shown, but that doesn't matter).
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files
3 - Delete the scriptCache.package file in your game folder as described prior.

4 - The provided download comes with Resource.cfg and everything already in the right places. It also includes two small sample mods for testing, NoIntroMovie and NoBuildSparkles, already in Packages. Startup and see if the EA Intro Movie is indeed suppressed and see that you get a popup indicating that the two script mods have been found. If so, then everything is working.

5 - Quit that game, download NRaas MasterController again, unzip it, and place it in Packages.
6 - Delete the scriptCache.package file again, startup, and look for the mod in-game.

Nothing should go into Overrides unless a mod developer has specifically said to put something in there. If it still isn't working, then perhaps provide us with the screenshots of the game folder, Mods, and Packages in detail view so we can see what you have where.
Page 1 of 3
Back to top