Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 11 (Who?), Viewed: 4256 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2012 at 3:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Sims can't learn recipes
Okay so, this is really weird apparently because I did a google search and found nothing remotely relating to my problem at all.

My sims, regardless of cooking level, do not learn new recipes. I can have them read all the recipe books in the world and they still can only make three things: Autumn Salad, Mac and Cheese, and PB&J.

I'm currently patched to 1.33. I've tried removing and replacing the stove and fridge, even resetting the sim and the lot but to no avail. I don't have any custom recipes, the only thing I have that MIGHT be causing the problem is the Nraas controller but like I said, there is nothing, anywhere, that relates to this problem.

I'd really like to figure this out and get it fixed without uninstalling and re-installing my game, but I guess if it comes down to that I'll have to.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 12th May 2012 at 3:50 PM
Have you done the Game Problem FAQ? http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._3_Game_Problem

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *Come visit Custom Sims 3!*2013 Yearbook
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th May 2012 at 1:15 AM
I'm pretty certain it's the patch that's causing the problem, as I've had the same problem and have done everything that you've done, as well as removed my mods. Some other people on the TS3 website are complaining of the same problem.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 4:02 PM
I have the exact same problem. Uninstalling and re-installing wont help either. As soon as you update the game, the problem is there again.

learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Instructor
#5 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 9:05 PM
Uninstalling and reinstalling rarely fixes things, since problems are usually in user files. If your sims can't learn recipes, you should go through the game problem FAQ (all 3 steps).
Field Researcher
#6 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 4:07 PM
I had the same problem and I deleted all of my mods, which didn't work. So than put back my clothing, hair and any CAS mods I had. I than loaded a new game and picked a random family the glitch was gone. So I went back to my family(A) the glitch was still there, so I went to edit mode copied my family(B) into the family bin. And moved the family(A) out than moved the family(B) into I believe the same house which didn't work. So I went to the main menu and clicked new game than on the same neighborhood. One it loaded I moved my family from the bin into a house I tried to get my same house but got two similar houses mixed up. And now the glitch is gone... well I'm trying to not cheat like I did in the past and my sims are at skill leaves 3 and 5. But before they could only make salad, hot dogs, waffles, and mac in cheese. and now they can make pancakes, grilled cheese, and oddly a few veggie dishes like tofu dogs and my sims aren't vegetarian. Oh and I also updated my game with the latest patch.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 1:35 PM
I'm having the same problem, I'm kinda glad it's not just me! Do you think they'll fix this for the next patch? It MUST be the patch since I haven't got any new CC, it's never been like this before, it started after I patched it. I think my sims are getting pretty sick of hot dogs and PB&J....
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 6:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyoichiYotobari
It MUST be the patch since I haven't got any new CC, it's never been like this before, it started after I patched it.

Okay, no NEW CC... But did you remove all your incompatible OLD CC when you patched ?

The Recipe issue is normally due to having an out-of-date "Ingredient" or "Recipe" related tuning mod installed.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 1:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twallan
Okay, no NEW CC... But did you remove all your incompatible OLD CC when you patched ?

The Recipe issue is normally due to having an out-of-date "Ingredient" or "Recipe" related tuning mod installed.

Ah well, I only had one mod that affected food/cooking at all, and I did remove that. I fail to see why any other CC would affect that part of the game.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 9:55 AM
If a mod is outdated it can cause all kinds of issues.
Also if two or more mods try to edit the same thing, weird things happens.
Test Subject
#11 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 4:14 PM
Is also having the same issue. The annoying thing, I've noticed that any sims who already know recipes keep them.

I started a new game (testing the save file) and Yumi Sekemoto had a starting cooking skill of Eight, and she could use all the recipes she has learned from Skill progression. However, my problem came in that she couldn't learn any new recipes, from books or further skill progression.

I'm not sure if it is the patch, because if that was the problem, then I'd expect more people being affected by it, not just four or five of us (on this thread, anyway).

It is royally annoying though. I've spent like a good three hours trying to sort this mess out, and it hasn't got any better. Shall try sieving through my mods again in hope of a solution...

Instructor
#12 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 10:58 PM
Formalhaut, did you try with fresh user files (step 3 of the faq)?

Section jump