Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #4 - posted on 19th Feb 2018 at 3:46 PM
Replies: 28 (Who?), Viewed: 2042 times. | You are currently not a member of this group. Would you like to join it now?
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 4:30 PM
I have trouble figuring out what to do with my elders, too. Once they have all their skills maxed out and have studied everything that can be studied, I tend to lose interest in them.Often I have them live with one of their kids and help take care of their grandchildren.

It can be a fun challenge to have a family support itself by gardening, or doing some of the crafts.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 5:14 PM
I´m thinking about building some sort of special buildings with a store downstairs with an apartment upstairs for elders that wont live with their children. So that they can provide the hood with snapdragons and water wigglers. But have to build a test version first and see how it goes

After my realization that I had a lot of teenagers in different ages and some of them needed to pair up I made an excel-sheet with the teenagers name, age and who they were into if they had a love interest. Only two couples had such a big age difference that I plan to split them up, Regor Ny and Ellen Magnussim, not a huge gap, but five days make quite a difference in my hood since they spend eight "regular" days on campus. And Renee Svan and Isak Castaneda, four days. But I think some days together on campus will make all the difference and Regor and Rene already have some bolts.

And hopefully Andrew, Verner, Kaj, Samson, Castor and Pollux have a big chance of becoming gay/bi. I randomize that but it is very likely to become bi and equally likely to be straight or gay.

In the hood! Max Essex and Gunnel Battler went on a date and then Gunnels sister Blenda called and asked if Max wanted to hang out downtown, he said yes, not realizing that it meant that he was introduced to all of the family. It went okay, but mostly because Gunnel and Max spent all their time together and the others mingled among themselves. The Essex household is quite strained with two teens, one child, two toddlers, two adults and one cat but they manage, might have to rebuild it again (they already moved once) if dads wish of marrying off six children can be realized. It also means that Max actually have to marry instead of follow in his aunts footsteps as a true romance sim.

At the "first" Gratton household Cornelia threw two good parties in one day and soon she will fulfill her LTW of having 20 best friends (a first for me!). Alex Gratton was cheating on Amanda again (she is still on campus) this time with Johanna Girardet (lovely legacy heir with boyfriend, greek-house sister to Amanda). And he still have trouble finding a job within the slacker career. The household consists of Cornelia, mother, and Alex and Kevin- Her adult, unmarried sons. Silla and Gisela have their older red-haired men further up the street.

Nothing really interesting happened at the Battler household, their dog is still the breadwinner of the family but quite stable considering the household now have four teenagers and one dog. No parents.
Scholar
#28 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 2:00 AM
What I do with my Elders is have them help with the children of the household, I usually have a number of them for the Elders to help with.

I like the idea of having Elders live together and having a home business. I would not have an Apartment as I don't think a home business would work very well then, rather just have a large house with the upstairs be the old folk's residence and the ground floor be the sales area, have the work area for the crafting stations on the ground level too I think.

Sell Flowers and Toys, and robots too I think. Also is there pottery that you can sell? Or any other crafting thing?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 4:29 PM
Two parties in one day, that's quite an accomplishment. Cornelia should be a party planner.

I had a household where the cat was the breadwinner for a long time, until Lenny Kravitz finally stopped getting fired and starting making good money.

Another thing I've done with elders is move them into an apartment/retirement home. Then I'd have their grandkids come to visit and clean house for them. That way it helped build their relationships and the kids gained some skills.

Page 2 of 2