Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
3 people viewing

Rosebine, mdsb759, maxon

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for March - posted on 1st Apr 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 13410 (Who?), Viewed: 293756 times.
Page 537 of 537
Test Subject
#13401 Old Yesterday at 6:22 PM
Someone could be able to make CC ones. Eventually there could be a open world mod and create a style recolor mod and TS3 won't be needed anymore.
Scholar
#13402 Old Yesterday at 6:32 PM
An open world mod simply can't be done. The source code would be needed for such a thing, and even then you'd probably have to refactor a lot of the game's core. I wish it was possible, but it sadly isn't
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#13403 Old Yesterday at 11:04 PM
Open world is not possible but even if it was it brings up all new issues. If you are now open, what is it doing with the sims? Are they frozen on their now open lot? Aging and doing things without you? You can't just make a world be open, it comes with all kinds of other considerations. The reason sims 3 has dead (barely any sims) open venues and the rest rabbit holes is because of it's open world. You need an amazing computer to be able to have all venues both open and lively while also processing the rest of an open world. This is why sims 2 venues are busy, it's because the game focuses all its processing into one lot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#13404 Old Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Ah, yeah. Good points, jo. I can totally see your point ,especially if you consider the fact that it'd be insane on resources if you entered an open-world "Twikkii Island" or any of the other vacation destinations. It would probably lag to hell and back since obviously you know how there are tons of Sims there... That, and what about ghosts? Would they fly around and terrorize others or would they just remain stationary... Sims 2 was definitely made with a closed-world in mind. that, and obviously machines wouldn't even come close to being able to cope with loading a whole neighborhood on the fly...
Top Secret Researcher
#13405 Old Yesterday at 11:55 PM
household/family thumbnails.
how are the position and pose of each character determined?
some of the factors seem to be family relations and relationship levels; and sometimes age.

REIA files.
what exactly are they?
so far seen them only in the pre-made main neighborhood folders.
Scholar
#13406 Old Today at 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsb759
household/family thumbnails.
how are the position and pose of each character determined?
some of the factors seem to be family relations and relationship levels; and sometimes age.

REIA files.
what exactly are they?
so far seen them only in the pre-made main neighborhood folders.

REIA files are the little videos which play. AFAIK, nobody has managed to make their own custom ones.
Scholar
#13407 Old Today at 11:40 AM
I reinstalled Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection. I'm not seeing trees as hood deco from lot view (example) in any neighborhood whatsoever. I do see other deco from lot view, such as alleys and street lights, and lot imposters appear just fine. Is there something I need to do with my graphics card, or is it something else? I've got an Intel + ATI combo, and everything was working just fine before reinstalling my system...

Felicity Island! :D
"When people put their mind to things, when people are inspired, when people are motivated; anything is possible. I saw a naked woman riding a giant telephone." -nicepeter
Mad Poster
DELETED POST
Today at 2:02 PM
This message has been deleted by Rosebine. Reason: Answered myself ;)
The Great AntiJen
#13408 Old Today at 3:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ.
I reinstalled Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection. I'm not seeing trees as hood deco from lot view (example) in any neighborhood whatsoever. I do see other deco from lot view, such as alleys and street lights, and lot imposters appear just fine. Is there something I need to do with my graphics card, or is it something else? I've got an Intel + ATI combo, and everything was working just fine before reinstalling my system...

There are two things - you need the cheat in the config file (the userStartup.cheat file): boolprop dontMergeNHFlora false
and you may need the relevant hack that gets some of the neighbourhood stuff to show up that is otherwise reluctant. When I remember the name, I'll update the post and try and find it for you.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Test Subject
#13409 Old Today at 3:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Open world is not possible but even if it was it brings up all new issues. If you are now open, what is it doing with the sims? Are they frozen on their now open lot? Aging and doing things without you? You can't just make a world be open, it comes with all kinds of other considerations. The reason sims 3 has dead (barely any sims) open venues and the rest rabbit holes is because of it's open world. You need an amazing computer to be able to have all venues both open and lively while also processing the rest of an open world. This is why sims 2 venues are busy, it's because the game focuses all its processing into one lot.

They won't age because unplayed, but they'd do stuff. It would be like visiting a really big community lot.

Hi. They call me Sandi Greenwood, after my two favorite premade girls, Sandi French and Jade Greenwood. But I like 'em all. I don't play much though. I draw fanart and write fanfic more than I play, and yes I ship Sandi and Jade really hard, even made 'em in sims 1 2 and 4.
Mad Poster
#13410 Old Today at 8:29 PM
Well, I for one really don't care about the flyby - it just takes more time for my hood to load

Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568275
The Great AntiJen
#13411 Old Today at 8:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justpetro
Well, I for one really don't care about the flyby - it just takes more time for my hood to load

I couldn't get on with them because I hated calling Little Carping anything other than Little Carping. It was no use telling myself to pretend. I think it was the Pleasantview flyby that worked best for me - or maybe Europa, can't remember now. I liked the flyby but hated the name change.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Page 537 of 537