Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 17130 (Who?), Viewed: 395902 times.
Page 686 of 686
Lab Assistant
#17126 Old Yesterday at 6:51 PM
You should always get the clean templates, I don't believe the vacation destinations are too bad overall compared to the main hoods at least, but if you're worried about corruption just get the clean templates and you don't have to worry about it again. Clean templates for everything: main hoods, sub-hoods, sealth hoods!
Test Subject
#17127 Old Yesterday at 7:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxxedoCat
You should always get the clean templates, I don't believe the vacation destinations are too bad overall compared to the main hoods at least, but if you're worried about corruption just get the clean templates and you don't have to worry about it again. Clean templates for everything: main hoods, sub-hoods, sealth hoods!

I'm certainly aiming for clean templates, but with Bon Voyage I get a little concerned... do the Townies in the destinations spawn properly with a clean template?
Instructor
DELETED POST
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
This message has been deleted by Tleilaxu3.
Instructor
DELETED POST
Yesterday at 8:38 PM
This message has been deleted by Tleilaxu3. Reason: Found old posts discussing this -- Will ask elsewhere her if new questions arise :)
Scholar
#17128 Old Yesterday at 8:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Here's something for you experienced, intelligent folk.

I have a copy of Riverblossom Hills which was created without Pleasantview townies. I decided it needed a few more young faces to balance out the AL social group townies who keep appearing everywhere, so I made some townies, including teens. They seem to work fine - turned up on walk-by and on community lots, played chess in the background, though beyond greeting them the playables have done nothing with them yet. Before I made any more I decided I'd better get a full count of the number of teens I had in the hood before I made anymore, so I opened up the attached LGU to see who was available to send to college. And the newly made townie teens did not show up.

I have heard of at least one method of making teen townies that results in them getting a grade F, and access to university requires at least a D. This may have happened to you. If so, raising the Sims' grade will resolve the problem. It sounds as if it is potentially a job for SimPE (I don't know any in-game way of raising a townie's grades).
Lab Assistant
#17129 Old Yesterday at 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMagFreak
I'm certainly aiming for clean templates, but with Bon Voyage I get a little concerned... do the Townies in the destinations spawn properly with a clean template?

Locals will spawn correctly, their outfits are hardcoded based on location. Tourists on the other hand, might be an issue; last time I played BV they generated but since the game generates them as families you will essentially get very different looking parents/children. So if that's something that'd bother you so much that you're willing to risk corruption, then go for it, I suppose. But I still believe the clean templates are a much better option and the tourist families can pretty much be fixed up with other tools/mods, if it really bothers you.
Inventor
#17130 Old Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrader
...if I back up my hood without a uni, and then add one, and hate it, because it messes stuff up I have arranged, will restoring a backup get rid of it as if it never existed or will it leave sims or stay or what? Unfortunately, I don't have a similar hood to experiment on and I have clean and empty templates so they don't generate the way this one did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pideli
University is a subhood, and subhoods are stored in the main neighborhood folder. So if you delete the new version and put your old backup in that doesn't have the subhood, it'll be like it never existed. Because the folder is exactly the way it was when you copied it. :P

Awesome, thank you! I checked this in a test hood, but wasn't willing to risk my real hood. I've decided to go with the "uni in a base hood" thing, which I didn't know was a thing until I started researching. It's perfect for this hood. So, now I have a whole new project... just because one little sim didn't get well quickly and his sister got good grades in school!
Theorist
#17131 Old Today at 1:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Well mine apparently does, they're added to the household right after they grow up. Adults particularly - and it doesn't look like it will move them out. Kinda wonderful that it does serve itas purpose, but move them automatically in without any reason and that simply? I don't enjoy that part, and it doesn't like it would be the fault of any others I use. Any idea If (and how) I still can contact the author of the mod?

I didn't use AncientHighway's mod long enough to have anybody actually age up from it, so I wasn't really sure exactly how it worked. I did find the download thread on Simbology (http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8058.0). In the second post, AH says he had an updated version (28 June 2013) which is fixed and works correctly, BUT in the support thread for the mod (http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8685.0), in the next to last post on the second page (22 Aug 2013), AH says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientHighway
With a second report of no aging on community lots, I went back into the mod to take another look at it. I found an error on my part that was preventing this from happening, and another error which under undetermined circumstances would skip all NPC/townies except for Socialites. Both have been fixed, but as of yet untested. I'll post this in another thread.

I was not able to find whether this second update was ever posted, or if so - where it was posted.

I did, however, notice BoilingOil mentioned in that support thread that he had an aging mod of his own that was not compatible with AH's. BO's mod is more recent, works properly, and is also configurable with SimPE - you choose which categories of sims age and what type of aging applies to which categories. I don't think I've ever tried this one - it sounds interesting so am downloading it now. I will probably have to remove Syberspunk's mod, which I really like, but keep forgetting to use anyway.

BO - Slow Aging Controller (requires OFB or better)
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2419

If you don't have OFB or later, there is an older version of the mod here (BO - Slow Aging)
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=1748
Page 686 of 686