Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Creator Theme: Space! - posted on 8th Jul 2018 at 6:02 PM
Replies: 14567 (Who?), Viewed: 326698 times.
Page 583 of 583
Forum Resident
#14551 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 2:46 PM
You are a great seller - I'm gonna grab it :D
I'll see if it's a keeper or I end up tossing it after a use or two
Lab Assistant
#14552 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 5:44 PM
Is there a way to organize the lot catalog? While adding some lots to my new hood, I notice that I have a few of the same lots, and my custom lots are mixed with Maxis lots. I can't tell which is what. I would clean out the Lot Catalog folder, but I don't want to lose my custom lots.

Currently Playing: Elgin (Integrated hood)

Visit my Simblr: LIttleBitSims
Theorist
#14553 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 8:27 PM
days off from work; I think Career tab of Sim Description resource.
Forum Resident
#14554 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 9:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsb759
days off from work; I think Career tab of Sim Description resource.

Nope, it's not there.
I mean, I've checked the obvious places before asking

Actually I've found it in the Extended Browser.
It's called PTO and every 100 decimal points it means a day off.

Thank you everybody for your replies!
The Great AntiJen
staff: moderator
#14555 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 9:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monijt1
Is there a way to organize the lot catalog? While adding some lots to my new hood, I notice that I have a few of the same lots, and my custom lots are mixed with Maxis lots. I can't tell which is what. I would clean out the Lot Catalog folder, but I don't want to lose my custom lots.

Create a storage hood, put 'em all in there. I organise the hood spatially - all one type of lot over here, another type over there etc. I got sick of scrolling through lots and peering at the thumbnail.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Instructor
#14556 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 10:30 PM
Quote:

I second what Maxon said. I also use a hood to hold my lot bin, then delete the lots from the bin. I wanted to add that I find it improves load time as well.
Mad Poster
#14557 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 10:36 PM
This one is about as random as they get. I just bought a new computer and need to do my windows fixes to it as well as figure out how to play the game offline (UC). First problem: I have no idea what the video card is. I pulled up device manager, but didn't see anything listed as "video card". Does it have other sneaky, stealthy names?

After all, it's what we've done that makes us what we are. Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Lab Assistant
#14558 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
This one is about as random as they get. I just bought a new computer and need to do my windows fixes to it as well as figure out how to play the game offline (UC). First problem: I have no idea what the video card is. I pulled up device manager, but didn't see anything listed as "video card". Does it have other sneaky, stealthy names?

Your Graphic Card should be under, 'Display Adapters' on Device Manager. I'm using Windows 7, and I'm not sure if it's the same for Windows 8/10. I guess you can look for anything that says, 'Display video Adapter.'

Currently Playing: Elgin (Integrated hood)

Visit my Simblr: LIttleBitSims
Mad Poster
#14559 Old Yesterday at 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1

Type dxdiag into the start menu, press enter. It'll be listed under the Display tab.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Space Pony
#14560 Old Yesterday at 4:04 AM Last edited by Primavera : Yesterday at 6:57 PM.
Is there any reason why all the graves became unselectable? I loaded the Goth lot a few minutes and I got two popups saying how Gunther and Agnes died on another lot, and all the graves were unselectable. Same thing with Michael Bachelor's urn and Darleen Dreamer's headstone. All before I was able to select the gravestones in my test hood and the ghosts came out as normal. I haven't noticed anything game-breaking because of this though.

EDIT: ok it's definitely mod-related because I just pulled my entire Downloads folder. I ran the HCDU and it gave me 10 possible conflicts, but none of them seem related to this problem.

EDIT EDIT: I found out the problem, turns out it wasn't any of the mods/hacks in the report, but it turns out it was this package of extracted base game items made into deco. The urns and gravestones are in the package and it somehow caused the real urns and gravestones to be unselectable. I'm now able to click on the graves now

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Mad Poster
#14561 Old Yesterday at 5:14 AM
Two questions:

1. Is there a way to force a Sim to get a bad makeover? The reactions and crappy makeup are both pretty funny.

2. Sometimes when using the batbox's Smite option, it turns the Sim crispy and burnt. Other times it doesn't. Any idea why?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Instructor
#14562 Old Yesterday at 9:31 AM
Is there a way to remove the want go out for dinner with the Sim they are having a date? I don't plan to make them dine out, never did in all my 10 years of Sims 2, and I probably never will.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#14563 Old Yesterday at 10:13 AM
You can try rerolling the wants but it will probably stick. I know its quite annoying since nearly every date gets that want and only about 1/4 of mine have any plans to go out and eat.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
DELETED POST
Yesterday at 11:45 AM
This message has been deleted by FranH. Reason: unnecessary
Lab Assistant
#14564 Old Yesterday at 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
Two questions:
2. Sometimes when using the batbox's Smite option, it turns the Sim crispy and burnt. Other times it doesn't. Any idea why?

It depends on the weather, if it has been a hail-storm or not.

Due to the coding there is a call to Weather - Object Being Hailed On? (StackObject ID) if that return false then it follows of Run Tree By Name ( CT - Do Lightning Strike).
Otherwise it checks for an object Controller - Climate if found it runs a Push Interaction which triggers a storm, if not it again Run Tree By Name ( CT - Do Lightning Strike).
( It is the Lightning Strike that burns and crisps the sim.)
Mad Poster
#14565 Old Yesterday at 1:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TychoH
Is there a way to remove the want go out for dinner with the Sim they are having a date? I don't plan to make them dine out, never did in all my 10 years of Sims 2, and I probably never will.

If you date with the testingcheats on, you can fill the want by clicking on it. (Or is it right-clicking? I think just clicking.) Or you can send them to a place with a table and podium, ask to be seated, and then cancel the action as soon as the want fills (when the sim in question sits down), if time is the issue. And then the higher level late date wants will kick in.
You're missing some sweet interactions if you never let them eat out, though.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#14566 Old Yesterday at 2:03 PM
Quote:

There is now.
You'll need the latest Bodyshape Organization Kit.zip (417.1 kB) for the icons and the latest LotCompressor.zip (113kb).
The LotCompressor goes into your SimPE folder and gets run from there (it requires SimPE .dlls), if you don't have SimPE then download Mootilda's original version and replace the executable.
When you run the LotCompressor on a lot in the lot catalogue it'll give you an option to set a Product ID, the Product ID will determine the display order and icon if available.
Mad Poster
#14567 Old Yesterday at 3:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
Type dxdiag into the start menu, press enter. It'll be listed under the Display tab.

Thanks Monijt1 and Bulbizarre! Everybody cross your fingers for me as I try to do this. We all know how good I am with technical stuff. But I want to get it moved to the new computer because I bought Sims 1 and want to use it on the computer that doesn't hit the net or have as much storage space.

Now, all together...I think I can, I think I can, I think I can......

[QUOTE=Bulbizarre]Two questions:

1. Is there a way to force a Sim to get a bad makeover? The reactions and crappy makeup are both pretty funny.

I modded bad ones out of my game, but IIRC, once you have achieved the bronze hobby level, you can select how you want the makeover to look. You get the same "change appearance" options you get when you go to the mirror. Try just picking the clown makeup one and, like the spiky or bald head. Use a weird color for the spiky hair, and see if that works.

After all, it's what we've done that makes us what we are. Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Mad Poster
DELETED POST
Yesterday at 3:58 PM
This message has been deleted by smorbie1. Reason: double post. BAD GIRL!
Lab Assistant
#14568 Old Yesterday at 6:09 PM
I've had boolprop lotSkirtSizeIncrease set to 120 in my userstartup.cheat for a while now. I've been wondering if it would be possible to increase it even further, allowing me to see the whole neighbourhood at once.

Admit it, Milotic is beautiful.
My C:Simblr!
Page 583 of 583