Custom Food Interactions (Update 22nd Dec, 2017)
This group account is currently maintained by plasticbox, icemunmun, graycurse, necrodog and ohmysims.
Please check only with this mod before reporting script errors
Compatible with PC 126.96.36.1990 / Mac 188.8.131.520 (12th December, 2017.)
please always make sure to keep the interaction script and package files up to date
Update 22nd Dec, 2017 : Version 2-9 - Latest Version
1. Added new recipe tunings by icemunmun - Christmas Cookies
2. Added new Recipe tunings by konansock - 9 different varieties of Dumplings
3. Adjusted Autonomy of Grab Snack interaction
4. Added new recipe phase resources
|Please note that the recipe lists by members are only the announcement of upcoming recipes. We will update this post to link to the actual recipes each time new one is released. You can also use #Custom Food tag for searching completed recipes.|
- If you update from a pbox version, make sure you remove the old files! They are renamed now, so will not overwrite automatically.
- Make sure script mods are allowed in the game setting.
- Unzip the and put BOTH .package and .ts4script files in your /Mods folder.
- The ts4script file can go only one layer deep with folders by default. In other words, it should be either,
\Sims 4\Mods\mtsfoodgroup_foods-custom-interactions.ts4script, or \Sims 4\Mods\Subfolder\mtsfoodgroup_foods-custom-interactions.ts4script
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Halfway through cooking the interaction will be canceled and the sims will wave their arms around complaining there isn't enough space.
A: Is your game version up to date?
A: Is your food recipes version up to date?
Q2: My game version is up to date, but the [Cook Custom Meal] interaction still won't show up from stoves/fridges.
A: Have you allowed script mods in the game setting?
A: Is your Custom Food Interaction also the latest version?
A: Are BOTH .package and .ts4script files installed?
A: Is your .ts4script in the right place? Please read the Installation section for detailed information.
A: Make sure you didn't accidentally install duplicated files in different folders.
Q3: All interactions show up in game, but when I click the interactions there is no food or only certain food in the selection menu.
A: This post only provides the scripts that enable custom food to show up in game. You need to get the actual food meshes and their cooking recipes from other posts. Browse the #Custom Food tag to get custom recipes.
A: Each recipe requires certain cooking level. If your sim doesn't have enough skill, some recipes won't appear!
A: Some recipes only show up at certain times of the day. Please read the Contents of the Package section for detailed information.
Q4: Mod Conflict Detector says this mod conflicts with something. Should I be worried?
A: The Conflict Detector is an useful tool, but it can't be always right. Due to the way it detects conflicts, there are chances the tool lists an okay mod as broken or conflicted or corrupted. We'd say you don't have to be much worried about the error especially when the "conflicts" are between the mods by Foodgroup or its members. Some "conflicts " are even intended and we are fully aware of them.
Q5: My sims are obsessed to custom food.
A: It is a known issue. Please read the Known Issue section below for more information.
Q6: The script isn't translated in my language. Can I still use the script?
A: Yes, you can. Localization doesn't have to do with how the script works. English menu will appear if the interaction menus haven't translated in your language yet.
Q7: Some foods are stuck in inventory and I can't get rid of them.
A: This is a known EA issue, not something caused by custom foods. To fix this glitch, you can simply reset your sim or have the sim travel to another lot.
Localisation: Chinese (wuccwzt), Dutch (ElenaInTheSims), French (PharaohHound, cinthila), German (plasticbox), Korean (ohmysims), Spanish (gato_24), Portugese (simshout), Italian (Eαmanλ, InfinitiveSky), Polish (hubi98).
- A lot of new strings have been added, so all of the language need to be translated now.
See this thread on how to translate mods if you want to contribute another language.
- Please DO NOT send us an STBL file extracted by s4pe any more. We have found a couple of issues with directly importing string files, so would rather manually do it. You can simply translate the texts below and leave a comment or attach a text file.
How to Use
As a downloader, if the creator of a custom food links you to this post, that means you need both these interactions and the actual food in your game. This upload by itself contains no edible parts!
As a creator, if you make a custom food there are a few different ways to make it available in game some of which require this mod and some don't:
- Using Maxis pie menu categories Create a custom StartCraftingSuperInteraction that lists your recipe/s, and make it use one of the existing pie menu categories (Make Lunch, Serve Breakfast etc there's always one per crafting object (stove, fridge ..) and number of servings). You can have as many such interactions as you want; as long as they are using the same category, they will all be available in the same pie menu in game. You do not need these interactions at all for that to work.
- Using custom pie menu categories To use a different pie menu ( + category), like "Serve Dessert", you can make your interaction use one of the custom categories listed below, put it in your own upload, and tell people to download this mod in addition to your food.
- Using custom picker menus Here's where it gets hairy: picker menus (the long lists like this one ) do not currently have categories, so while you can make your own picker menu interaction(s), they will all show up individually in the pie menu. People who like to download custom stuff often like to download a lot of it, and might end up with ten different "Make Custom Meal .. " picker lists on their fridges if everyone makes their own. That's why we moved these interactions to a group account, so we can all add our foods to the same list. If you want your food to be included please consider joining the group so that you can update yourself since that can take a little while, you can also post in the comments with the IDs of your recipes and interactions and we can add them with the next update.
See also this thread on custom foods.
Contents of the package
- This does not override anything so shouldnt be very conflict-prone. Whether or not the recipes are available on custom stoves/fridges depends on what object tuning those are using ‒ if you find one where it doesnt work, post a link and we can add its ID to the script.
- One user reported that it didn't work for them when they extracted with WinRAR, but with it did. So if you can't seem to get any interactions to show up in your game, try using 7zip.
- As explained here and here, it is known that sims are obsessed to custom food. Unfortunately there isn't a clear solution for this issue for now.
- Made with XML Extractor, Notepad++, s4pe, Python 3.3, Sims4Studio.
- Graycurse for helping us improve the script.
- Our mods are published under the current BY-NC-SA Creative Commons license (Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share-Alike).
- In other words, link back to the exact upload if you reuse ANY part of the code, and do not upload to paid sites.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
|mtsfoodgroup_foods-custom-interactions v2.3.zip||147.1 KB||55,061||30th Jan 2017|
|mtsfoodgroup_foods-custom-interactions_v2-4.rar||146.9 KB||25,989||9th Jul 2017|
|mtsfoodgroup_foods-custom-interactions_LatestVersion.zip | Description: v 2.9 Latest Version||212.1 KB||54,626||22nd Dec 2017|
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use 7zip (recommended), WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (OS X) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s). OS X also has a built-in utility for that (just rightclick).
3. Move: Put the extracted folder in /Mods. It contains two files (a .package and a .ts4script), you need both.
Need more information?
- For a full guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 19
Users who thanked this download also thanked:
Expansion/Stuff packs required:
464 Comments / replies (Who?)
Up To Date -
Olive And Cheese Plate
Olive And Lemon Spaghetti
Hot and Sour Soup
Custom Berry Pies
Foods from user who has not logged in for a long time -
Cupcakes from Oven
Three Fruit Shakes