Mod The Sims
Page 1 of 35

Mod The Sims (http://www.modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Overrides (http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=639)
-   -   Autonomous Romantic Socials - TYAE - Same Sex (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=388170)

mikey 24th Jan 2010 1:00 PM

Autonomous Romantic Socials - TYAE - Same Sex

16 Attachment(s)
Currently working with Patch 1.47
Quote:
History: I started with Autonomous Woohoo - Try for Baby, then wanted Same Sex so I combined the two. Then I found Inteen and used the core but still kept my own tuning files. Lostaccount has resigned from modding and the latest version of Inteen is not compatible with 2.3, so I made due with the Tuning files I created over the past few months and Use Nraas SuperComputer to Pollinate those sims I was using Inteen for.

Changes/Alterations Made:
The goal of this mod was to allow Teens and Elders to have the same options as Young Adults and Adults, while also allowing Same Sex Partners more options than were given in the Default Game. Added some extra Fun instances to help prod things along, as well as removing some obstacles that prevented some interactions. I also prefer the sims carry on interactions autonomously as opposed to me telling them what to do.

This mod does not force them to anything, but does entice them to. However the busier your sims are, the more things there are for them to do, and the lower their moods are can and will have a major impact on them carrying out various interactions. Two sims in a small house with very little furnishings and no careers will probably carry on rather frequently, while another couple with careers, kids, and a well equipped house may not interact for days.

The Tuning Files:

Things You Should Know:

Downloads
Quote:
  • If you are not patched to the latest, then you need to do so, otherwise this mod may not work for you.
  • You can only use ONE of the Downloads at a time or they will conflict with each other.
  • Current Downloads are marked as ===CURRENT=== and compatible with 1.47
  • Older Versions are marked as ===OBSOLETE===
  • They are listed below as they appear on the Downloads Tab:

IT DOESN'T WORK

Additional Credits:
userunknown - Autonomous WooHoo + **Try for Baby Updated**
Lostaccount - Same Sex Pregnancy - updated for 1.7.9 and WA
superstition - samesex realism mods
Peter L Jones for S3PE

rorsdors 24th Jan 2010 1:15 PM

Thanks for all your work and for uploading !

georgie.debs 24th Jan 2010 2:16 PM

Thanks! But is that a baby in the middle right of the picture with the two males?? I almost cried!! hehe hope you got that one fixed LOL

mikey 24th Jan 2010 2:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgie.debs
Thanks! But is that a baby in the middle right of the picture with the two males?? I almost cried!! hehe hope you got that one fixed LOL

LOL. yes it is a baby! During the test I needed to make sure one of them could get pregnant and deliver. Then it dawned on me that I never took a screenshot of the socials. So the one you see is right after they brought the baby home. No need to worry though, I never save test games, so none of them exist anymore!

rian90 24th Jan 2010 5:23 PM

Thank you! I have a question. I love your mod but while I love that you allow same sex actions, I really don't want my guys to get pregnant. I prefer them to adopt or use a surrogate. Is there a simple way to turn this off?

Vampire_BaD_GiRl 24th Jan 2010 5:36 PM

Thank you so much! Now I can finally have all those mods with my WA 2.3 :D

mikey 24th Jan 2010 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rian90
Thank you! I have a question. I love your mod but while I love that you allow same sex actions, I really don't want my guys to get pregnant. I prefer them to adopt or use a surrogate. Is there a simple way to turn this off?

It cannot be done for just male/male relationships and available for everyone else. Your only alternative, with my mod, is to use the "No Try for Baby" version. This will allow all other interactions to be autonomous, except Try for Baby and will apply to all sims regardless of relationship.

FreakyRufus 24th Jan 2010 6:39 PM

Do you know if this will conflict with AwesomeMod?

Claeric 24th Jan 2010 6:53 PM

Teen sex and male pregnancy all in one NON CORE MOD?!

I love you ;-;

Assuming this works with awesomemod...

JayRayStudios 24th Jan 2010 6:55 PM

OMG How do you get the "No Cookies Found" to work?

mikey 24th Jan 2010 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyRufus

I do not follow the Path of Awesome and therefore cannot answer this.

JayRayStudios 24th Jan 2010 7:20 PM

Thank so much now i just got to go test it out!

climbingsideways 24th Jan 2010 7:40 PM

i am going to test it with awesome right now, brb

ninedoors 24th Jan 2010 9:09 PM

I've yet to try this but this seems pretty wicked.

I just wanted to comment because your female teen sim looks like Snookie from Jersey Shore, haha. Was just wondering if anyone else picked up on that <_< >_>

rian90 24th Jan 2010 9:55 PM

Thanks for the response. I guess I could try to use Twallan's mod to turn same-sex relationships to 0 although that is no fun. I like to be realistic and neither way is perfect. Oh well. I appreciate the work you have done on this. I will mess around with it along with Twallan's mod and see if I can get it to do what I want.

climbingsideways 25th Jan 2010 1:28 AM

awesome compatible

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyRufus

i use awesome, and can confirm that it does work with awesome. my adult male couple just had twin girls. i use an aweconfig with all the "romance and perversion" options enabled using the awesome mod configuration tool.

melissa86 25th Jan 2010 3:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire_BaD_GiRl
Thank you so much! Now I can finally have all those mods with my WA 2.3 :D

So did it work for you. I saw on the page saying that it doesnt work for WA 2.3

mikey 25th Jan 2010 4:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa86
So did it work for you. I saw on the page saying that it doesnt work for WA 2.3

What page are you referring to? What mod are you referring to? This mod was created with V2.3, YES, it works. What exactly do you want to know?

sierraraine 25th Jan 2010 4:37 AM

Your mod works a little...too well. LOL. My sims were on vacation when I installed it and while the husband was out exploring tombs, the wife was "entertaining" everyone in Sim Shangla! I swear, every time I clicked on her picture the icon said "relax" and showed the bed... so I had to keep kicking random men out of her bed. She came home pregnant naturally and I have no idea who the father is. Poor Brody...

I like all the same sex aspects of this mod but I will have to watch my sims a lot more closely! It's kind of cool though to add this total randomness to the game. Thanks for the mod!

cecesaun1 25th Jan 2010 8:26 AM

Is there a way to not have my Sims automatically attract the same sex. Nothing against someone's sexuality...I have 2 small children who love to watch me play and I don't think they are old enough to try to explain why 2 men or 2 women are kissing and woohoo'ing and all the other aspects of relationship? And another kind of OT question...do you know who makes teen pregnancy clothes. My girls think the teen girls are adults so this is not a problem. I want to do a story and it involves a teenager having a baby.
Thanks bunches for all of your hard work and sharing!!

Claeric 25th Jan 2010 8:32 AM

Oh no...potential dealbreaker. Autonomous marriage? No thanks. My sims ruined their chance to have a wedding by doing it autonomously. That's no fun at all. D: Is that something that can be prevented? The male/teen pregnancy is great, but that's just not at all

mikey 25th Jan 2010 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecesaun1
Is there a way to not have my Sims automatically attract the same sex. Nothing against someone's sexuality...I have 2 small children who love to watch me play and I don't think they are old enough to try to explain why 2 men or 2 women are kissing and woohoo'ing and all the other aspects of relationship? And another kind of OT question...do you know who makes teen pregnancy clothes. My girls think the teen girls are adults so this is not a problem. I want to do a story and it involves a teenager having a baby.
Thanks bunches for all of your hard work and sharing!!

Sims don't automatically attract one sex or the other without help. In any relationship you must initiate certain interactions to allow further relationship development. Nraas Supercomputer - Gender preference would be an example of a mod that bypasses the EA checkpoints to further relationships. This mod is comprised of Tuning Files and does not have the ability to over ride hard coded core features, just make small tweaks or tuning. While it makes it a little easier, it enhances those things already available in the game. It simply looks for sim a and sim b and whether they have a high enough relationship to progress from one stage to another.

Having used the Autonmous Woohoo/Try for Baby mod for sometime, I had several instances where same sex "Friends" wound up in bed, simply because they past the requirements, e.g. they were old enough and their relationship score was high enough to allow woohoo/try for baby.

as for teen clothes, I included a link in the overview.

mikey 25th Jan 2010 2:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claeric
Oh no...potential dealbreaker. Autonomous marriage? No thanks. My sims ruined their chance to have a wedding by doing it autonomously. That's no fun at all. D: Is that something that can be prevented? The male/teen pregnancy is great, but that's just not at all

Male/teen? lol female/male/teen, right? as the title is named properly, autonomous romantic socials, yes, that is included.

- open the package in S3PE, check the box for "Names" at the bottom

- click on "Socializing", then click on the "Edit" button

- in the notepad window, click on "Edit" then "Find"

- type in "haveprivatewedding" and click "Find Next"

- a few lines below the "haveprivatewedding" line you will find two lines:
<Autonomous>1</Autonomous>
<UserDirectedOnly>0</UserDirectedOnly>
Simply switch the two numbers

- then in the search box type in "exchangerings" and click "Find Next"
again switch the numbers for autonomous and userdirectedonly

- close out and save

This will prevent autonomous Have Private Wedding for all sims.

Claeric 25th Jan 2010 5:51 PM

Hooray! :D

melissa86 25th Jan 2010 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by werismyki
What page are you referring to? What mod are you referring to? This mod was created with V2.3, YES, it works. What exactly do you want to know?

Just wanted o know if it works with 2.3 now i know it does i feel happy to download it. thank you