Mod The Sims
Page 1 of 20

Mod The Sims (http://www.modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Overrides (http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=639)
-   -   Instant Skills and Fast Increment Skill Gain! (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=344997)

mxp 10th Jun 2009 10:39 AM

Instant Skills and Fast Increment Skill Gain!

16 Attachment(s)
Instant Skills and Kind of Fast/Fast/Faster/Vary Fast/SLOW Skills
By mxp

This mod has many files:

(you should only put in one file at a time in the proper directory)

There are files that allow you to gain skill level Instantly and files that allow you to play at a reduced time for gaining skills, they are:

Reduce time to gain skill level by 20%, 30%, 50%, and 75%.

Also of course I have included a file which helps! you gain skills vary SLOW (seriously! i will be amazed if anyone downloads the SLOW mod)

Also there are files that allow you to access and play with hidden skills which go with the corresponding, reduce time to gain skill percentage.

Read on to find out more about Hidden Skills.

To gain skills with any of these Mods all you have to do while playing the game is:

For Athletic:
Jog
Work out on Equipments

For Charisma:
Charming Sims
Reading books on Charisma

For Cooking:
Cook a meal for the house hold
Cook for your self
Reading books on Cooking

For Fishing:
Fish anywhere for any Fish
Reading books on Fishing

For Gardening:
Plant new Seeds
Tend to your Garden
Reading books on Gardening

For Guitar (music):
Practice Guitar
Preform song's
Preform at Party

For Handiness:
Tinker with Items
Fix Broken Items
Upgrade Items
Reading books on Handiness

For Logic:
Play chess
Reading books on Logic

For Painting:
Create a Painting or Portraits.

For Writing:
Practice writing
Write a book

Child Cooking:
Just order the child to Cook on the Children stove

Blocks:
Just order the child to play with the blocks once you have bought the block table

Potty_Training:
Just Click on the toilet for Toddlers to train them

Learn_To_Talk:
Just select an adult and click on the Toddler to teach it to talk

Learn_To_Walk:
Just select an adult click on the Toddler to teach it to walk

Xylophone:
Order the child to play with a Xylophone

Peg_Box:
Just tell the child to play with the Peg Box

----------------
Hidden Skills
Also there are some hidden skills that have been enabled for you:

Collecting:
You have to find and collect bugs and gems.

Chess:
Play chess on the chess table
*does not work if you play chess on the computer

Dancing (only goes up to level 3):
Just dance when music is on
*does not work if you dance with someone

Diving(only goes up to level 5):
I was not able to test this one as I could not find a diving board but if anyone makes a diving board, this skill has been enabled

Hacking:
If you have the trait that allows you to hack just hack from a pc

Homework:
Just do some Homework if your a teen or younger

Mooch:
If you have the trait that allows you to mooch, just mooch off of your neighbors

VideoGame:
Just play a council game
*does not work with computer games
*does not work with VR goggles

AirGuitar:
This one I am not to sure, I was not able figure this one out but my guess is your Sims will randomly play air guitar and that's how your skills will go up

Foosball:
Buy a Foosball machine and play

Notes & Extra info:
There are mods that change values, for example a mod that changes the amount of experience you get from reading Skills Book; my mod is different from that.

How is it different:
It is different because my file Changes the Total amount of experience you need to Advance to the Next level of skills to almost 0. That is why you can do any skills related activity and quickly gain Skills level.

For Example if the corresponding amount of experience points were needed for a level Gain:

Level 1 = 1000 points to move on to next level
Level 2 = 5000 points to move on to next level
Level 3 = 10000 points to move on to next level
Level 10 = 100000 points to move on to next level

All I would do in this case is change it so you do not need more then 20 experience points to move on to the next level like the following shows:

Level 1 = 20 points to move on to next level
Level 2 = 20 points to move on to next level
Level 3 = 20 points to move on to next level
Level 10 = 20 points to move on to next level

This give the player of the game the Illusion of Instent Skills leveling.

Side Notes:
This mod should theoretically be compatible with mods that change the amount of experience you get from Skills book (Skills book mod was mentioned above) since my mod and the Skills book mod modify much different files.

***Also you can only install one file at a time in your package folder other wise it will cause problems and wont work.***

Also since i combined my skills mod with someone else hidden skills mod i will
put up a link to it in the Related Pages section if anyone just wants to download hidden skills mod.

Have Fun!!!

Thunderchild 10th Jun 2009 10:49 AM

Quote:
Also if there is a Demand from people who want to see the hidden skills enabled i will see what i can do!

That would be great!

The instant skill up is sure nice but I like to have the Sims something to do.

raye1 10th Jun 2009 10:59 AM

I have the sims on D: and not C: . I cannot find the mods folder. I have yet to play the game, I have only installed it. Do I need to play it first to get a mods folder? Dumb question I know, but I honestly cannot find it!

Thanks in advance!
Renee

fluttereyes 10th Jun 2009 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raye1
I have the sims on D: and not C: . I cannot find the mods folder. I have yet to play the game, I have only installed it. Do I need to play it first to get a mods folder? Dumb question I know, but I honestly cannot find it!

Thanks in advance!
Renee

There is no mods folder. Follow these instructions replacing any reference to c with d

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files

If it's too difficult for you, use the helper monek, but I suspect that is only to install to c, it might have an opiton, I haven't used it yet. Honestly, two minutes and you're set up if you do it the manual way

raye1 10th Jun 2009 11:05 AM

Duh!! It helps when one searches for the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raye1

Thanks in advance!
Renee

I read the FAQ on how to create said folder and have now done so! Sorry for the noobish question! LOL!

raye1 10th Jun 2009 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluttereyes
There is no mods folder. Follow these instructions replacing any reference to c with d

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files

If it's too difficult for you, use the helper monek, but I suspect that is only to install to c, it might have an opiton, I haven't used it yet. Honestly, two minutes and you're set up if you do it the manual way

Thanks Fluttereyes!! I am a dork and have now followed the link you posted! It is all there in my native language of English! I can be such a knucklehead sometimes!

Marisa1954 10th Jun 2009 11:11 AM

Thank you so much Magnific

elkeda 10th Jun 2009 11:13 AM

Oh, that is very great. Thank you so much

christmas fear 10th Jun 2009 11:22 AM

thank you! consider doing mods reducing the time 20% and 30% maybe instead of just 50% because it is REALLY fast. but thank you so much!!

bluegenjutsu 10th Jun 2009 11:29 AM

Thank you for this mod and it's neat to see that you can gain skill faster in doing things and not just reading the books. I agree with christmas_fear and would love to see a couple of other versions of this type of mod where you could have it be maybe 25 percent faster as one of the choices. Like maybe 25, 50, 75 and 100 percent speed increases as choices. Thanks so much for this!

boef54 10th Jun 2009 11:38 AM

dank je wel

boneys26 10th Jun 2009 11:39 AM

awesome just what i was after, I've had the book mod for a while but doesn't help with the other skills, If you can sort out the hidden skills side of things that would be fantastic

endonecropolis 10th Jun 2009 12:05 PM

hey thanks for this mod i was using the skill books but this makes it even easier lol O-o now if only i could find somthing for the sims 3 needs -_- been lookin for days lol

spikethedogxxxxx 10th Jun 2009 12:52 PM

Thanks I would love to see the hidden stuff.... a question about the recource.cfg. would it FIRST have to to update each mod so...
Priority 300
DirectoryFiles Mods/Files/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package for example up to to 500 would go first?

Madsanders 10th Jun 2009 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by endonecropolis
hey thanks for this mod i was using the skill books but this makes it even easier lol O-o now if only i could find somthing for the sims 3 needs -_- been lookin for days lol

I dont know if its what your looking for, but if you type the the cheat testing Cheatsenabled true and then click on your sims mailbox while pressing Shift, you can choose the pie option "Make needs static" and then you will never have to worry about needs as they will never drop

Hope that helps

zoo 10th Jun 2009 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madsanders
I dont know if its what your looking for, but if you type the the cheat testing Cheatsenabled true and then click on your sims mailbox while pressing Shift, you can choose the pie option "Make needs static" and then you will never have to worry about needs as they will never drop

Hope that helps

I was just about to answer that question. Talk about making a four-person household easier. =P

This is a very cool mod, thank you! Especially since my teen has so many aspirations and so little time with both school and his job.

JigsawAnalogy 10th Jun 2009 1:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo
I was just about to answer that question. Talk about making a four-person household easier. =P

This is a very cool mod, thank you! Especially since my teen has so many aspirations and so little time with both school and his job.

The other option with testingcheatsenabled true is to manually slide their needs up as necessary (helpful if you'd like to eat without having the warning about your Sim being stuffed).

The cool thing with having their needs static is that they no longer need to sleep. It's a little creepy, but I also find it boring when a Sim is just sleeping. Plus, keeping them that happy means they zip through promotions at work.

Suzicube 10th Jun 2009 2:01 PM

I must be doing something wrong because this isn't working for me. I installed it where the other mods are and they work so I know that isn't it. If I click "paint" what exactly is it supposed to do because it seems like it is just like normal, i.e. SLOW. Do I have to remove the book mod in order for it to work? Maybe just have installed one of the mods? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Geezyjr30 10th Jun 2009 2:36 PM

thanks for this mod, I'm ready for this game.

MissJessica1124 10th Jun 2009 3:10 PM

Is this compatible with MAC ?

mrsubmitter 10th Jun 2009 3:11 PM

How can i learn to make mods so i as well may post my custom mods. what programs do u use or how do u do it? kl mod.

judynu 10th Jun 2009 3:13 PM

This is terrific, thank you so much.

kejat 10th Jun 2009 3:24 PM

Unlock hidden skills

Yes please!!!!

mrs_lecavalier 10th Jun 2009 3:42 PM

Yay! You're my hero!! Thanks!

kylenne 10th Jun 2009 3:56 PM

Thank you so much! I have the book mod already but this fills in the holes nicely...wish I had this before I got my Lestat Sim's guitar maxed out the old fashioned way, lol